Miller Blog

I Blog on EdTech, Web 2.0. Learning Strategies, Marketing & Higher Education (especially two-year colleges)

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee - Best Place to Live in America?

I am proud to make Chattanooga my home.  What a dramatic shift over the past twenty years.  When I first visited Chattanooga in early 1991 on a scouting trip, my first though was, "what will I tell my family?"  Downtown was bleak, even a little scary.  Restaurants were few and of little variety. And, the scenic beauty was marred by inattention to access and relic foundries and scrapyards.

So what happened?  I have to give a lot of credit to local leadership - including some old money families who were willing to invest in their city's future. 

Chattanooga is not perfect - we need to do a great deal with public schools, jobs, and public transportation.  But, to even be considered as a great city is indicative of progress in the right direction.

Chattanooga, Tennessee - Best Place to Live in America

No comments:

Post a Comment